Saturday, January 23, 2010

Physics Quote of the Day (January 17 - January 23)

"Authority in science exists to be questioned, since heresy is the spring from which new ideas flow." John C. Polanyi, born 23 January 1929.

"It is important to do everything with enthusiasm, it embellishes life enormously." Lev Landau, born 22 January 1908.

"One gets much better ideas if you talk with someone. I get ideas talking to my students even if they have suggested an idea. It’s just the process of talking with them which makes me think of things I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise, which I realize is directly a result that I’m talking with them. So, they influence you in countless ways." Charles P. Slichter, born 21 January 1924.

"Listen to learned men, but do so only with one ear !" André-Marie Ampère, born 20 January 1775.

"I can think of nothing else than this machine." James Watt, born 19 January 1736.

"You will get your difficulties with the point electron." Paul Ehrenfest, born 18 January 1880.

"I am much in the Dark about Light" Benjamin Franklin, born 17 January 1706.

No comments:

Post a Comment